Africa para volley best server Anthony Imanyara hopes to propel Kasarani team to national league title defence as the Kenya sitting volleyball play-offs roll off next week in Bungoma.
Head coach Vitalis Odhiambo said they have prepared well and are optimistic of doing well in the event planned for December 15-17. Odhiambo said all departments are in-sync and has no doubt Kasarani will be outstanding as they seek to retain the trophy.
Kenyan international Imanyara, Rwandese Desire Kerugo and Alfred Simiyu will take the leadership roles as the team rallies to hold on to the title they won last year.
“I am happy with our preparations. The players have reacted well to the changes I’ve introduced ahead of the play-offs and I am positive we shall win the title again, given our preparations and the calibre of players we have in camp,” said Odhiambo.
He cited Nyayo, Machakos, Nakuru, Siaya and hosts Bungoma SV clubs as their biggest threat to their ambitions.
“These teams are coming up really well and fast and we can’t underrate them,” added the tactician, who also doubles up as Kenya Para Volley Federation’s national technical director.
The above teams will also field their women’s teams. Other participants are Kakamega, Bomet, Meru and Mombasa (men and women). Muthurwa and Kasarani women’s squads complete the field.
Nyayo SV clubs have recollected themselves and are positive they can win the 2017 national title. Their training sessions were disrupted when Nyayo, which serves as their home ground, was closed off from any activities owing to the ongoing renovations.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.