A 28-year-old chips and fish vendor in Likoni, who was abducted by unknown people has been found.
Mohamed Zingizi said he was taken back to his house by his abductors on Wednesday at around 4 am.
The man who was dropped at Shika Adabu claims those who took him away were police officers.
"They blindfolded me all the time I was in their custody."
Zingizi was abducted at his shop on December 1 at around 8.30pm by men in two cars.
He said the abductors fed him well but also tortured him as they asked several questions about his friend, who he only identified as Kassim.
"Their questions were random. They asked me about MRC (Mombasa Republican Council) and Kaya Bombo. But most of the questions were about Kassim," Zingizi said
Kassim is among youths in the coastal town who are on the police radar for links to terrorism and outlawed gang activities.
Zingizi said his abductors told him they had been tracking him from Tiribe in Kwale county for some time.
Haki Africa program coordinator Francis Auma said this is a classic case of torture and intimidation.
"Today, when you receive a call from someone you are taken and tortured," said Auma.
He said organisation will take up the matter with the UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights office.
"Tapping of people’s phone without court authorization is tantamount to an invasion of privacy. Police must respect people’s privacy," Auma said.
He said it was wrong for the police to abduct Zingizi and not book him in any police station adding that the perpetrators must be arrested and prosecuted whether they are police officers or not.
Mvita MP Abdulsamwad Nassir on Sunday said they will summon Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinnet to Parliament and question him on the increasing cases of enforced disappearances and extra-judicial killings at the coast.