A 40-year-old man was lynched by residents for fatally injuring his baby and attacking his wife at their home in Ngoluni, Makueni county on Wednesday.
Mbooni East OCPD Peter Njeru said the man quarreled with his wife before attacking her and their four-year-old son with a machete.
He said the man injured her on the forearm and gorged out one of their three-month-old baby's eye.
The man went on the set the house on fire before neighbours broke in to stop the fight.
"When irate members of the public broke into the house through a window, the man emerged wielding and panga and threatened to hack them." Njeru said.
He said the baby died while undergoing treatment at Kisau Health Centre, while the wife and other child were taken to Makueni Level Four Hospital.
Njeru said the couple was newly married.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.