Police have launched a manhunt for gangsters who killed a doctor after gaining entry into his house in Eldoret at the weekend.
Boutrous Mbugua Waithaka, 25, was found murdered in his house in Elgon View estate on Sunday evening. Police said the thugs used a sewer line concrete cover to crush his head.
Waithaka lived alone in the house. His girlfriend Liz Chepkorir was away at the time of the tragedy. He was last seen on Friday. Chepkorir found his body lying on a mattress in his house on Sunday.
Family members said some property was stolen from the house.
“He was a humble young man who had just completed his studies as a surgeon,” cousin George Kibanya said.
Eldoret South OCPD Wilson Abduba said the gangsters cut part of the perimeter fence to gain entry into the compound.
Abduba said they were yet to establish the motive behind the killing.
The deceased was an intern at the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital.
MTRH chief executive Wilson Aruasa eulogised Waithaka as a humble and dedicated doctor. He called for speedy investigations.
Kibanya said Waithaka’s parents were expected to travel to Eldoret for postmortem and a transfer of the body to Nairobi.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.