The Kisumu county assembly is today expected to pass a motion for the formation of a People’s Assembly.
Already, the Siaya, Homa Bay and Vihiga county assemblies have passed the bill.
The motion is spearheaded by NASA to push for electoral justice and initiate a review of the Constitution to safeguard devolution.
Majority leader Kenneth Odhiambo said the debate on the motion will be the first order of business. He said the MCAs have been told what the People’s Assembly is all about and have copies of the motion.
Migori county assembly is also expected to pass the motion today.
The People’s Assembly would comprise governors, deputy governors, senators, MPs, MCAs, religious, trade union and civil society leaders; and representatives of youth and women’s organisations.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.