A Kenyan has been arrested in the US for allegedly assaulting his landlady who attempted to evict him.
Samuel Nyaboga reportedly refused to pay rent for an apartment at Brooklyn Park, forcing the landlady to start the eviction process last week, a witness told police.
Reports indicated Nyaboga hit the woman with an axe multiple times after she demanded payment.
She ran out of the building but the 45-year-old pursued her and allegedly threatened to kill a witness.
According to the Star Tribune, Nyaboga struck the woman on the head and left her for dead.
Police arrived minutes later and found the woman lying in a pool of blood.
Reports indicated she was rushed to hospital and found to have a skull fracture.
Nyaboga was remanded at Hennepin County jail.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.