Businessman Bundotich Kiprop hopes to become Uasin Gishu Governor after Jackson Mandago completes his second term.
The politician popularly known as Buzeki vied independently and lost on August 8 to incumbent Jackson Mandago of Jubilee Party.
He turned independent after losing the party's nominations in April.
Buzeki said on Tuesday that he will support Mandago through his second term as their battle is not personal.
"Some people thought there would be a major fallout, and even war, if either of us won but that was not the case. We are still working for the people of Uasin Gishu."
The politician said he will back his rival and that he is willing to work with him as he wants to be governor in future.
"I have gone back to work but I will still be involved in development activities," he said in Eldoret, noting the political season is long gone.
He thanked residents for maintaining peace and for their support in what was a grueling battle.
Mandago and Buzeki earlier pledged to unite communities in the county and drive development together.
"The season of elections is over. It's now time to join hands and build our county," the Governor said on August 15.
The two shared the podium in Kesses at the funeral of Mzee Joseph Koros.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.