An 'angry' Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly rejected a new contract at Real Madrid and demanded a transfer away from the Spanish giants at the end of the season.
Ronaldo, who has previously made it clear he didn't want to extend his current deal which runs out in 2021, was believed to have wanted to quit the club last summer.
The Portuguese superstar opted to remain at the Bernabeu but reports in Spain on Tuesday have now suggested he doesn't want to play for the club beyond this term.
Spanish journalist Edu Aguirre, who works for TV station El Chiringuito, claimed Ronaldo has told Real Madrid president Florentino Perez of his decision.
Aguirre adds that the 32-year-old former Manchester United star wants to leave on June 30 — and for a 'reasonable price'.
However, Real Madrid are understood to have rejected his demand — which has further angered the wantaway star.
It is believed Ronaldo doesn't feel appreciated at Real, and the offer on the table is one more sign of how little Real Madrid value him.
Aguirre insists Ronaldo is a 'Madridista', and loves the fans, but has his heart set on a move away after falling out with the club's hierarchy.
When asked this season if he was expecting to sign a new deal with Madrid, Ronaldo told beIN Sports: 'I don't want to renew. I don't want to renew.
'I'm very happy with the contract I have.'
The Real Madrid forward has had a difficult start to the season, managing just one La Liga goal all season.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.