American gospel singer, producer and songwriter Don Moen thrilled Nairobians at the weekend at Christ Is The Answer Ministries, Valley Road.
The legendary praise and worship singer talked to the press and started by making clarifications that he and his wife are happily married for 44 years, and have never divorced despite online reports.
He also said some online international media had reported that he was dead.
“First of all I’m not dead, I’m alive and I’m not divorced. I have been married to one woman for 44 years. Her name is Laura and we have five children. Its interesting how these rumours started. I read in the Internet the other day and I believe it will come to pass. I’m happily married and we have four grandchildren," Moen said.
Moen, a powerful worship singer, said he has found himself coming to Kenya every time there is a crisis.
“Well, it seems like I already started a tradition. The first time I came to Kenya in 2015, there were no Americans coming. There was an attack at a girls’ school and we were singing in Mombasa, and people were asking, why I’m not afraid to come to Kenya. It is interesting that I came in the middle of crisis and now I’ve come while elections are on. What better time to bring the body of Christ than now.”
Moen, who left a high paying job to focus on gospel music, was asked if he has plans to collaborate with any Kenyan artiste.
He said, “I am up for a collaboration as I get to know the artistes here. I would love a collaboration and it can be an excuse to come back to Nairobi.”
The God Will Make A Way hit maker was in the country accompanied by his manager, his son-in-law.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.