Jubilee leaders have told off NASA over giving ultimatums for talks.
NASA has described the October 26 election as a ‘sham’, but Jubilee insists it was free and fair. Devolution CS Mwangi Kiunjuri described NASA chief Raila Odinga as a man hungry for power. He said in the coalition government in which Raila was Prime Minister, he frustrated the presidency.
Kiunjuri said the Constitution states that the party that wins the election forms an all-inclusive government. “The Constitution does not state that a certain community or family should be in government for it to be inclusive.”
He spoke at the funeral of former Cabinet minister Kabeere M’mbijiwe in Marimba, South Imenti, Meru. The CS said even if the country will go back to the polls, President Uhuru Kenyatta will continue being President until a new one is sworn in.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.