After the October 26 presidential election, opposition chief Raila Odinga will know who owns Kenya, Uasin Gishu Governor Jackson Mandago said yesterday.
“I am telling Raila Odinga, after October 26, my friend once we reelect Uhuru Kenyatta, you will know this Kenya has its owners,” he said.
Mandago spoke when he joined Nyandarua leaders to campaign for President Uhuru Kenyatta at Ndaragwa, Ol Joro Orok and Ol Kalou in Nyandarua county.
He said Kenyans cannot be engaged in political ‘jokes’ and mass action all year round at the expense of development.
He urged acting Interior CS Fred Matiang’i and Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko to ensure there is no more mass action in Nairobi.
One person Mandago said, cannot hold Kenya at ransom. He said mass action was being held on Monday,Tuesday and Friday as if it is food. Mandago said in Eldoret and the entire Rift Valley, the leaders have vowed not to participate demonstrations. ”I wish I was the Nairobi governor.They would have faced the music,” he said.
Mandago said during mass protests, participants steal, injure people and destroy property, but the opposition leader “does not care”.
“The Kenyan economy is going to waste, yet he is not worried. Whether people die or not, he does not care,” he said.
Mandago said Raila has gone abroad to seek funds for mass action and he should not be tolerated any longer. Mandago said if Matiang’i cannot tame the the opposition, he should be given the job. “I can be interior CS as well as governor,” he said.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.