NASA has not submitted names for crucial House committees and MPs only appear to sign the register.
Only Suba South MP John Mbadi of NASA has been named as the Minority Leader in the National Assembly.
Among the key positions that NASA is yet to nominate members are the Deputy Minority Leader, the Minority Whip, the Deputy Minority Whip and the House Business Committee.
A good number of opposition legislators have been showing up in the House just to sign the attendance register.
On Wednesday, Majority Leader Aden Duale said, “They troop in just to sign the attendance register and leave. It is a confirmation they are attending the House, contrary to the directive issued by their leader Raila Odinga,” he said .
When President Uhuru Kenyatta addressed a joint sitting of the Senate and the National Assembly, the opposition legislators skipped the session, arguing the Supreme Court had already nullified his victory and should not address them.
Suna East MP Junet Mohamed is said to be eyeing the Deputy Minority Whip. Kiminini MP Chris Wamalwa was proposed for the seat.
Lugari MP Ayub Savula has said he is the designate Deputy Minority Leader.
Raila is said to have earmarked Mishi Mboko as the PSC commissioner to replace Homa Bay woman representative Gladys Wanga.
NASA has three slots in the PSC, while Jubilee has four.
ANC and Wiper will get one slot each.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.