Kirinyaga Governor Anne Waiguru has told her executives she will not entertain corruption in her government.
Members of the County Executive Committee were sworn in yesterday.
Waiguru said the bar for their performance is too high and they must put in more hours in the office and work extra hard to meet the standard.
She said every CEC must perform in their ministry or get fired.
Waiguru said she has a very ambitious plan to reinvent Kirinyaga and make it the best county in country. This work needs dedicated and workaholic individuals who can deliver, she said.
Waiguru said only the most qualified were picked as CECs.
She urged them not to waste time celebrating but to hit the ground running.
"They should not accompany their families home to go and celebrate. I want them to go straight to their offices and familiarise with their new office and get briefing from their chief offices and directors so that we can start work immediately," Waiguru said.
"I’ll not want to hear excuses, but I want to hear solutions on whatever we do. The people of Kirinyaga are expecting much from us."
"I’d like the CEC Finance to come up with a good plan to ensure investors set up shop and attract more foreign and local investors who will generate more businesses and jobs for our youths," she said.
The governor witnessed swearing of ten CEC among them four women.
Among the CECs, three are PhD holders and one an ACK prelate, four are women.
Migwi was an accountant at Kukena Matatu Sacco.Gutu is former Governor Joseph Ndathi's cousin.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.