Parents increasingly are being attacked by their children who demand land.
A spot check by the Star at the Kiambu law courts showed most cases are land-related.
Seventy-eight-year-old Eunice Kamau (pictured) from Kikuyu was allegedly assaulted by her daughters over 0.0617 hectares worth more than Sh10 million. She reported the attack at Kikuyu police station.
“My daughter humiliated me. She dragged me to the road saying, ’When will you die so that we can inherit the land?.’ My clothes got torn,” Waitiri said.
One of the daughters stole the title deed and changed the name, she said.
In Ndenderu, 90-year-old Woki Kamonde’s land worth Sh30 million was taken be relatives. She has lived on the land since 1958. He father gave it to her.
In Githunguri, a retired soldier assaulted his brothers. They were jailed over fabricated charges in a land dispute .
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.