ODM chairman John Mbadi has asked party MCAs in Nyanza to abandon their engagements and join NASA supporters in anti-IEBC demonstrations.
NASA flagbearer Raila Odnga has pulled out but says the protests must continue indefinitely.
Mbadi singled out MCAs from Luo-Nyanza counties of Homa Bay, Siaya, Migori and Kisumu and urged them to postpone their inductions and join the protests.
NASA supporters are staging countrywide demonstrations to push for reforms in the electoral agency. The protests were called by the alliance leader Raila Odinga.
“I appeal to ODM MCAs to join in demonstrations. They are the grassroots leaders and should help push for reforms at IEBC,” Mbadi said.
He was speaking on a radio morning talk-show on Ramogi FM on Wednesday.
Siaya MCAs are currently in Mombasa where they are attending an induction course.
Mbadi said he called assembly speaker George Okode to have the induction postponed to allow the MCAs return to their wards and lead demos.
“Siaya MCAs should find an appropriate time for their training. Now, the country is absorbed with reforms in election matters,” Mbadi said.
Scrap duties for anit-IEBC demos, Mbadi tells MCAs
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.