Nakuru Governor Lee Kinyanjui yesterday welcomed the decision by NASA candidate Raila Odinga and his running mate Kalonzo Muyoka to withdraw from the October 26 rerun.
In a statement, he said the move was not surprising.
“We welcome the decision by the NASA brigade to withdraw from the October 26 repeat election. This move is hardly surprising,” Kinyanjui (pictured) said.
“From the Coast region, Kisii, Narok to the Western region, the image of a crumbling house was evident.”
He said the NASA demonstrations that had been called nationwide only took place in a few areas around Kisumu and in isolated parts of Nairobi.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.