A former representative of persons living with disability in the Busia assembly has dismissed claims by Bungoma Senator Moses Wetang’ula (pictured) that Jubilee has no support in Busia.
Charles Otete, who is also a member of LPK, faulted Wetang’ula for saying former Budalang’i MP Ababu Namwamba, former Funyula MP Paul Otuoma and Senate Speaker Kenneth Lusaka are self-seekers.
He told Wetang’ula the three leaders have joined Jubilee with their supporters.
“I want to make it clear to Wetang’ula and his NASA colleagues that the three leaders have many followers, who have also vowed to support President Uhuru Kenyatta and DP William Ruto in the October 26 presidential rerun,” Otete said. He said Jubilee has made inroads in Busia and residents will vote for Uhuru en masse.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.