The Jubilee leadership has said it will take NASA leader Raila Odinga to the ICC if violence breaks out in Kenya after the October 26 presidential election.
Devolution CS Mwangi Kiunjuri said with the ongoing political sideshows, Uhuru Kenyatta might end up being President for life.
Speaking in Samburu county on Saturday, he said Raila is plotting to cause chaos if he does not win the repeat election.
Kiunjuri said the government has already invited ICC investigators.
He said Kenya’s security apparatus is working closely with the ICC to form a strong case against Raila in the event of bloodshed.
“If NASA boycotts the October election, Uhuru will still remain President. Even if they boycott for 10 years the President will still be Uhuru,” Kiunjuri said.
He spoke in Allamano grounds, Maralal town, when he met Samburu leaders and residents.
The former Laikipia East MP said NASA won the presidential petition because they set ‘traps’ in the Supreme Court.
“The evidence of spoiled Forms 34B were from Nyakach, Kilifi and Mombasa, which are the strongholds of Raila,” Kiunjuri said.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.