Jubilee has marshaled its MPs to shield senior IEBC officials against calls by the opposition to have them fired.
MPs from Western Kenya accused NASA of attacking IEBC chairman Wafula Chebukati, CEO Ezra Chiloba and ICT director James Muhati over mismanagement of the August 8 General Election.
On Wednesday, MPs from North and Upper Eastern defended IEBC commissioners Abdi Guliye and Boya Molu.
The lawmakers, led by Majority leader Aden Duale (pictured), said NASA leader Raila Odinga has been witch-hunting the duo.
Duale said Raila pushed for the removal of former IEBC boss Issack Hassan and his team, and has now zeroed in on top officials from their community.
Yesterday, the Western MPs said Chebukati, Chiloba and Muhati were being attacked based on their surnames.
Benjamin Washiali (Mumias East), Daniel Wanyama (Webuye West), Bernard Shinali (Ikolomani) and Didmus Barasa (Kimilili) said that the trio were handpicked for criticism instead of condemning the entire commission.
“They started with Chiloba, then Muhati and now Chebukati. The malicious and selective mob lynching by NASA targeting IEBC members from the Western region is unacceptable.,” said Barasa.
“While Raila Odinga is defending his own tribesmen, Wetang’ula and Musalia are being used to roast their own,” Barasa said.
Washiali said opposition MPs defended Auditor General Edward Ouko when his name was brought to Parliament for a probe, claiming their community was being witch-hunted by NASA.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.