Fuel prices will go up by between Sh2.22 and Sh0.94 a litre from midnight Friday as Kenyans prepare for round two of the presidential election.
The Energy Regulatory Commission said the rise is as a result of higher global oil prices.
The cost of a litre of super petrol will increase by Sh2.22, diesel by Sh1.00 and kerosene by Sh0.94.
Pump prices in Nairobi will be Sh98.30 per litre of super petrol, Sh86.86 for diesel and Sh64.36 for kerosene.
In Mombasa, a litre of super petrol will retail at Sh95.08, diesel at Sh83.63 and kerosene at Sh61.63.
Diesel, kerosene and super petrol will retail at Sh100.67, Sh112.11 and Sh78.17 respectively in Mandera.
In Nakuru, a litre of super petrol will retail at Sh99.04, diesel at Sh87.79 and kerosene at Sh65.23.
A litre of super petrol will retail at Sh100.22 in Eldoret, while diesel and derosene will cost Sh89.04 and Sh66.31 per litre respectively.
In Kisumu, motorists will pay Sh100.29 for this amount of super petrol, Sh89.04 for diesel and Sh66.30 for kerosene.
ERC noted Murban crude oil rose 6.17 per cent month-on-month to an average cost of $51.60 (Sh5,308.09) per barrel in August. This was from $48.60 (Sh4,999.48) in July.
The commission said there was increase in the landed cost of imported fuel.
"The free on board price of Murban crude oil lifted in August 2017 and was posted at US$51.60 per barrel, an increase of 6.17 per cent from US$48.60 per barrel in July."
These will be the prices until October 14.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.