Former Nairobi mayor Samuel Wainaina Mbugua has died in a hospital in Nairobi on Wednesday.
Mbugua is the father to former Nairobi woman rep Rachel Shebesh.
Born in Kariua, Murang'a county, Mbugua is credited with negotiating the setting up of estates like Kimathi, Uhuru, Kariobangi South, Harambee and Umoja through affordable long-term loans with the World Bank.
More to follow
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.