A 52-year-old woman died on Wednesday morning after the vehicle she was travelling in crashed into a tree on Embu-Kubugu road.
Three others sustained multiple injuries and were rushed to Embu Level Five Hospital.
Area police boss Mark Wanjala said the driver of the Probox lost control and veered off the road before crashing into the tree.
He said the road, which is under construction, has become a death trap as accidents are reported on a daily basis.
Wanjala asked drivers to be vigilant, avoid speeding and look out for loose chippings that make vehicles skid when brakes are applied.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.