Olympic Gold medalist Eliud Kipchoge has been named Isuzu East Africa brand ambassador for one year.
Isuzu will offer the athlete not only a brand new Isuzu Dmax Double Cab worth Sh7 million for his training and personal use but also full service for the vehicle in the period.
Speaking at the signing ceremony at Isuzu EA offices on Wednesday, Chief Financial Officer Charles Kariuki said the partnership will help the company achieve its business objectives and uplift the sports sector in Kenya.
"Building strong relationships is at the very heart of our success as Isuzu EA," Kariuki said.
"Through this partnership, we will be drawing from Kipchoge’s success to further boost our Isuzu brand visibility, drive sales and support him in his journey of success."
The CFO noted Kipchoge resonates well with Isuzu's corporate and product brands.
He also announced Isuzu EA will reward Kipchoge with a Luxury Double Cab pick-up valued at Sh 5.9 million if he breaks the world record in Berlin.
The athlete said he is happy with the partnership, especially since the journey to success has been long.
"I look forward to growing the Isuzu brand. Kwa kweli, tuko pamoja safarini (We are truly together in this journey)," said the 2016 medalist.
In 2016, Isuzu EA signed a deal to be Kenya Rugby Union's official transport partner and provided two Isuzu Dmax Double Cab Pickups and three Isuzu Cruiser buses.
"The partnership with Kipchoge is yet another initiative by Isuzu EA to support the growth of sporting talent in the country," Kariuki said.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.