Vihiga United remained at the summit of the National Super League standings after edging out Wazito FC 1-0 at the Mumias Sports Complex. Clyde Senaji scored from the spot to give Vihiga a four-point lead at the top of the standings with 54 points. Hot on their trail are Nairobi Stima, who laboured to a 3-1 win over Administration Police to move a place up in the table.
KCB also managed a third win in four games and are now third. The bankers saw off Kenya Police 2-0 in a match played on Saturday to take their points total to 49. Edwin Oduor and Simon Abuko were on target for Leonard Saleh’s charges. The biggest losers in the race for promotion were Ushuru, who went down 2-1 to struggling visitors St Joseph Youth. The taxmen consequently dropped to fourth with 47 points from 23 matches. Palos, who beat Agro Chemicals 2-0 in Kisumu are sixth in the standings with 36 points. Nairobi City Stars’ run of seven matches without defeat came to an end after a 0-1 loss to visitors Nakuru All Stars. Debutant Sidney Lokale scored with 10 minutes on the clock to give All Stars a second win in three matches. That victory saw City Stars to seventh with 34 points, two more than All Stars who are now in eighth.
Kibera Black Stars held FC Talanta to a 2-2 draw.
Bidco United also dispatched Modern Coast Rangers 1-0 at the Thika Sub-County Stadium while at the Kenyatta Stadium in Machakos, Mosca were held to a 1-1 draw by GFE 105 and they remain firmly rooted at the bottom of the table.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.