SOME officers at the Office of the President and State House consoled themselves that after the Supreme Court declared the election invalid, null and void, they will make more allowances during the second round of campaigns. The officers are afraid that they might lose their jobs if President Uhuru Kenyatta loses his reelection bid. Our moles say the officers are making hundreds of thousands of shillings weekly in the campaign for being involved at different levels of campaigning.
THE insistence by NASA presidential candidate Raila Odinga that NASA will boycott the fresh election set for next month if the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission does not show the door to some top officials, including CEO Ezra Chiloba, seems to be sending a wrong signal to his supporters. A good number of them are of the opinion that the more Raila and his team insist on that line of thought, the more his supporters may not turn up to vote on that day.
SOME senior government officials seem to have another agenda in the bombing of the Boni forest at the Coast. Government top leadership announced plans to bomb the forest in a bid to flush out al Shabaab. But insiders claim it might be a scheme for some people to harvest trees in the forest for commercial purposes. In Somalia, theUN accused KDF of making illicit money through the lucrative charcoal business. It is alleged the badly-thought-out-plan has seen both residents and al Shabaab criminal elements leave the forest ahead of the bombing. Bombing Boni Forest will be a waste of time and destructive, causing a major blow to tourism and the environment sector. Only the precious animals and plants will be killed.
WHAT happened to the NASA Nyanza presidential campaign team? Well, Corridors have learnt that the outfit, whose main agenda in the last polls was purely to preach six-piece for unpopular candidates in the region, has died a natural death. Since the campaigns started for the repeat presidential election, the team, which was all over in funerals and churches, has not planned a single rally. Some NASA supporters were heard dismissing the team, led by Gladys Wanga and Oburu Odinga, as only interested in using Raila Odinga’s name to impose unpopular candidates in Baba’s name.
IT seems the state security machine teams tracking NASA officials are collecting the wrong information against the opposition. On several occasions, the state has responded wrongly to NASA activities. Are they being misguided? For instance, the state prepared for mass action only for NASA leaders to direct their followers to remain calm.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.