Former national champions Co-op Bank walloped Trailblazers 81-49 in a Premier League show at Nyayo Stadium gymnasium.
The bankers, who led 40-23 at the breather, had 17 points from the stylish Titus Musembi. The losers’ had 13 from Lenson Kisia and 11 from Alex Oguso.
Umoja stunned Thunder 79-77 with Nick Ogol and Rogers Ombati contributing 33 and 15 points respectively for the winners. Abel Nson nailed 41 and Griffin Ligare 18 for the losers.
KCA University lost 72-76 to Zetech University only a day after shocking Thunder 70-63. Reagan Brayan and Faheen Juma shot 15 each. National women’s champions Equity Bank had 21 points from Mercy Wanyama and 15 from Hilda Indasi as they whipped Eagle Wings 81-40. Co-op hit Kenyatta University ‘Oryx’ 65-41, behind 13 points from Vivian Otieno 13 and 10 from Irene Makori. Barclays Bank continued their good run in the lower division, hitting Eldonets 66-47. Abel Kimondo nailed 19 and Franklin Delano added 14. Africa Nazarene University had 16 points from Brayan Jarret as they defeated Upper Hill School 53-47 in a tough duel.
Mount Kenya University (MKU) Thika nipped Egerton University 55-54. Gaston Simidi tallied 16 and Godvictor Ochuka 17. Kenya Airports Authority lost 67-71 to Nebulus who had 19 points from Kenneth Oriago and 18 from Paul Otieno. Samuel Otieno registered 20 points as University of Nairobi “Terrorists” beat Lakeside 47-36.\
KCA beat Egerton University 24-14 in the ladies tie. Bianca Simiyu scored 12 for the winners.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.