What is Miguna Miguna, the indefatigable barrister, up to? Sources whispered to Corridors that the eloquent man from Nyando could be headed back to work with opposition chief Raila Odinga. Miguna was spotted at Raila's Capitol Hill office on Thursday. He had a lengthy meeting with Raila and his running mate Kalonzo Musyoka. A section of Raila's supporters have been pushing Miguna to come and help manage Raila's campaign. They say despite their fallout, the two are ideological soul mates owing to their history in the struggle. They also cite Miguna's integrity and his articulation ability.
So why exactly did ex-Bomet Governor Isaac Rutto ditch NASA? Well, some critics were heard saying it could have something to do with pending audit queries that could land him in trouble with the EACC after he lost his seat. This, they said, was the case with many other governors who lost in the August 8 polls. Earlier, NASA principal Musalia Mudavadi had sent a statement to newsrooms that their governors are being blackmailed into surrender. Another former governor, who is said to have resisted the alleged blackmail, is Evans Kidero (Nairobi). It is not clear whether these allegations have any truth.
Kenya is a truly superstitious society. Just days after it was alleged that darkness and lightening hit Kisii town in broad day light after a prayer by NASA leader Raila Odinga, another rumour is spreading like bush fire. It is alleged that Chris Msando, the slain ICT boss at IEBC, was seen in red robes carrying a machete at IEBC offices. Those in the know said Msando's wife had vowed that those who killed her husband would never know peace. This rekindles memories of Jacob Juma, who was allegedly buried with a spotlight so that he can deal with his killers the moment the spotlight goes off.
Politics is dynamic, so they say. Well, nobody understands this reality more than former Kisumu Governor Jack Ranguma. One of his former trusted advisers was heard rubbishing his petition against Governor Anyang' Nyong'o as a waste of time and money. According to the adviser, Ranguma would be humiliated in another by election even if the High Court were to invalidate Nyong'o's election. Some of those who campaigned for Ranguma were heard saying their man was surrounded with moles, who have betrayed him.
Kenyans have a sharp memory. Yesterday, just after National Assembly majority leader Aden Duale chided NASA for seeking donations from citizens to fund their campaign, Kenyans immediately began asking why it was Duale's business what they do with their money. They also demanded an explanation for what Jubilee did with Sh200 million from the sale of Jubilee smart cards. The cards were never used in Jubilee nominations. They also asked why Duale was concerned with the internal affairs of another coalition.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.