A 45-year-old woman was on Monday charged with conspiracy to kill her husband in a Kitale court.
Jackline Walekwa was accused of committing the offence on diverse dates between August 21 and September 3, 2017.
The court heard that jointly with others not before it, she conspired with Francis Simiyu to kill her husband Wamalwa Nyongesa.
According to the police report, the mother of three had hired unknown men to kill her husband, 50, over a property inheritance dispute.
The report says that the plan's mastermind leaked the information to the police.
The officers said they were informed the man's body was to be dumped at Kayole or Ngong forest.
Also, the informer told the police that they were to torture the man until he produces logbooks, title deeds for the property and plots that he possesses.
However, police officers posing as the killers laid an ambush and arrested the woman after she gave information of her husband's whereabouts.
She pleaded not guilty before resident magistrate Grace Sitati.
Walekwa was remanded at the Kitale police station until Tuesday when her bond application will be heard.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.