Police in Trans Nzoia are hunting a man who fled after killing a form student by stoning his genitals.
Kwanza OCPD Wilfred Mogere said that Simiyu Musambwa assaulted Anthony Wasike, 16, at Umoja village.
The police boss said the suspect caused the student severe injuries.
The victim succumbed to the injuries on Tuesday while receiving treatment at Mt Elgon Hospital in Kitale town.
Alfred Kakai, the minor's stepfather, said that the suspect had disagreed with the victim over the results over a football match.
"They had disagreed on a match that went down on Sunday," he said.
Kakai said the suspect is known to be highly temperamental.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.