There was drama at an Opposition press briefing on Friday when some of the leaders clashed after addressing the media.
ODM national chairman John Mbadi had addressed election rigging claims but after he left the podium, Babu Owino insisted he wanted to talk to the people.
"Chairman, I will add something," the Embakasi East MP-elect insisted.
In the background, some of the MPs were heard saying "just let him speak". One legislator told Babu to "just come"
But Babu responded: "No! No! No! I have to stay. This is an emotive issue of elections yet you are asking me to come, come where?"
This caused social media to go abuzz saying the politician Babu should not go into politics with a university mindset.
Baby served for long as University of Nairobi student union leader.
"Babu Owino has joined politics with the campus mentality. Who will make him understand [Acting Interior CS Fred] Matiang'i is not a Vice Chancellor?," Wambugu wa Kimamo said.
'@or_kelvin' said Babu still thinks he is a student leader.
"You are addressing Kenyans, not [freshmen]."
'@tmk_mike' wrote: "Babu Owino ejected by the MIB. He wanted to [forcefully] address the nation in a NASA press conference.. kiherehere [haughtiness]!"
Babu caused a scene on Thursday after his certificate reportedly went missing. He got 45,462 votes for the Embakasi East MP seat on an ODM ticket.
Before the election on Tuesday, he said he will use his salary to help the poor and orphans if he wins. He added he is ready to transform leadership by youths.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.