Two people are admitted to Mama Lucy hospital after they were allegedly shot by men believed to be Senator Mike Sonkoâs bodyguards.
The two suffered bullet injuries in the thigh and arm following a scuffle at Vumilia village in Nairobiâs Outering Road on Sunday.
Nairobi DCI chief Ireri Kamwende said police are investigating the circumstances that led to the shooting.
Preliminary police investigations indicate that the two were among hundreds of youth who had attended Sonko's political event.
Reports indicate that there was a scuffle as youths pushed and shoved while seeking to receive handouts from the Nairobi governor aspirant.
Buru Buru DCI chief Jeremiah Ikiao on Monday led a team of investigators to the scene as police swung into action.
Nairobi deputy governor candidate Polycarp Igathe dismissed the claims.
He said: "Those are detractors. Let them leave us to do our work."
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.