Vehicle assembler General Motors East Africa has launched a service clinic for all single and double cab Isuzu DMax pick-ups.
The clinic will take place in all the companyâs countrywide dealerships and will be used to improve road safety for drivers by using genuine spare parts for their vehicles.
Githua Ngaruiya, general manager for Aftersales, said the service clinic will offer discounted and competitive prices on all Isuzu DMax spare parts and services to its customers.
âAccording to our research, only 23 per cent of the motor vehicles parts that are sold and used in the country are genuine. This has a direct implication on safety for drivers, passengers, pedestrians and other road users,â said Githua.
Githua further lamented the widespread importation of counterfeit parts, known as âalternativesâ, which he said has negatively affected the industry.
âBy installing counterfeits such as wrong brake pads and unreliable steering fluids in vehicles, lives are lost in accidents happen,â said Githua.
The Isuzu service clinic has been running from July 10 and ends today. The first 50 customers eligible for a free 30-point inspection, check-up, full service and a diagnostic report.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.