âTwo people were shot dead on Friday for allegedly breaking into a vehicle and stealing a laptop at a funeral service President Uhuru Kenyatta attended.
The two had broken into a mourner's car in Karen, Nairobi, at the service for the late former PCEA moderator John Gatu.
Police said they were killed after defying orders to surrender and firing at them.
The laptop and a Barretta pistol were recovered.
In April, an intruder was shot dead by GSU personnel at State House in Nairobi.
Spokesman Manoah Esipisu said the unidentified man was shot near a perimeter fence far from main buildings.
The suspect is said to have illegally accessed the highly-guarded grounds by jumping over the fence shortly before 5pm. It was unclear whether he was armed.
More on this: State House intruder shot dead by GSU, Esipisu confirms
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.