Online classified firm, OLX, has reduced advertising costs on mobile and tablet categories in a bid to grow revenue.
An advert on OLXâs app for smart phone or tablet has been reduced to Sh500 down from Sh2,000 for a week, while monthly charges have gone down to Sh2,000 from Sh6, 000 previously. A two-month advert will now cost Sh4,000 down fromSh10,000.
âFollowing consumer feedback we sampled among our mobile and tablet sellers, we have now slashed prices in the high traffic mobile category to cater to our usersâ needs of wanting a high visibility at affordable costs,â country manager Peter Ndiangâui said in a statement. âWe also found that users also want high profit margins for items they are selling .
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.