The Garden City Mall has recorded 1.18 million visitors in the first quarter of 2017, a 15.69 per cent rise from 1.02 visitors in during the same period in 2016.
âSince the opening of Garden City Mall there has been a healthy growth rate, achieving a steady growth in both foot traffic and car traffic at an average of 10 per cent month on month growth,â Garden City Mall reported in a statement.
âThis is a strong indicator of a customer base beginning to form.â
The mallâs performance was a result of the growing middle class living along Thika road, variety of available products and services as well as the rising demand for childrenâs recreational activities in the area.
The mall currently at a 90 per cent occupancy rate, houses 98 stores, nine kiosks and three outdoor tenants with 1,292 full time employees.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.