When Octopizzo first landed in the game, he was nothing but another slum boy trying to make it in the industry. The Kibera-born artist, determined to overcome all odds, used music to reach success.
Everything from his first release to his latest has exhibited tremendous progress and has made Octopizzo one of the greatest East African acts today.
The Kenyan rapper has constantly had bars and with braggadocio, and has managed to spark attention. For him, he continues to master the concept of quality over quantity.
He is known to spend well-calculated time before releasing new music and when he finally drops a track, it has pace and depth of a big statement. Itâs what he does best.
Compared to other Kenyan rappers in the game, Octopizzo is a better lyricist. His dynamic skillful, self-aggrandizing wordplay alone does it for him.
While fast-flowing rapper Khaligraph Jones prefers lightening his skin to get people talking, Octopizzo continues to venture new ideas and transcend boundaries, releasing some of the most innovative tracks and videos.
In his latest music video,TBT, he showcases a high-budget video shot in California, the quality we hardly get from his Kenyan rivals.
Octopizzo is one of the hottest properties in music as he effortlessly fuses rap and style. Over the years, we have seen him transform his image, turning him into one of the most trendy rappers.
Apart from being the best, the rapper continues to inspire many. Through his latest album âRefugeenius,â he featured refugees from Kakuma and Dadaab, providing them with a platform to live out their dreams.
It would only make sense for a rapper to make music that keeps up with generational trends, a fact that seems to elude his rivals. When you listen to Octopizzoâs music, which I have for years, you hear a consummate, contemporary creative.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.