Moses Wetangâulaâs Ford Kenya party has given Trans Nzoia Governor Patrick Khaemba a direct ticket, locking out three aspirants. âThe decision is meant to guard the party against a fractious nomination in a process that had attracted three other candidates - Andrew Wanyonyi, John Mutenyo and Moses Khaoya,â party communications director Tim Machi said in a statement. Nominations for other seats are scheduled for Monday. âFollowing up with this decision, the management committee through the county office, will talk to the other candidates with a view of reaching an agreement and finding a way to work together to secure the seat,â Machi said. Bungoma nominations will be held next Wednesday. The direct ticket allows Khaemba to face off with one of the four Jubilee candidates eyeing the ticket during the partyâs nominations next Tuesday.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.