There was pomp and colour at Thika Stadium on Saturday as Kiambu Governor William Kabogo launched his re-election bid.
The Governor, accompanied by his wife, his Deputy Governor, Kiambu county officials and supporters showed his might with over 100 high-end vehicles making his motorcade into the stadium.
Kiambu Governor William Kabogo's motorcade at Thika stadium on Saturday when he launched his reelection bid. Photo/WILLIAM MWANGI
Kabogo called on the residents to vote for him during the Jubilee party nominations on April 21.
Kiambu Governor William Kabogo and with his wife and other leaders at Thika stadium on Saturday when he launched his reelection bid. Photo/WILLIAM MWANGI
The Governor promised to promote the rights of artistes.
Several musicians pledged their support to Kabogo led by vernacular residents Ben Githae, Loise Kim and Muigai Wa Njoroge.
Kiambu Governor William Kabogo addressing Kiambu residents at Thika stadium on Saturday when he launched his reelection bid. Photo/WILLIAM MWANGI
Kabogo is seeking re-election in 2017 as he faces stiff competition from Kabete MP Ferdinand Waititu, James Nyoro, Rev David Kariuki Ngari aka Gakuyo and Njoki Gathendu who have sworn to unseat him in the party primaries.
Kiambu women representative Ann Nyokabi, Juja MP Francis Munyua aka Wakapee, MCAs and other leaders from across the county also attended the event.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.