Tharaka Nithi Senator Kithure Kindiki has asked contractors working on six roads in the county to fast track their work.
Contractors doing shoddy work or doing it slowly risk having their contracts terminated and their companies blacklisted, he said on Saturday.
He spoke after inspecting progress of six roads.
Kindiki said only two out of the six roads under construction are on schedule.
"We have a problem with four roads. These contractors should pull up their socks or risk their contracts being cancelled," he said.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.