A staff of Radio Africa Group on Friday escaped unhurt after he was involved in a road accident at Ogembo along Kisii- Kilgoris highway.
James Mbaka, a political reporter at the Star Newspaper, on Saturday said he was grateful to God for giving him another chance to live.
Mbaka said he left Nairobi on Friday morning for his Kisii home in a good and spirited mood.
"I was driving from Kilgoris towards Kisii town when a speeding vehicle hit me from the rear," he said.
According to him, the impact was so strong that they both lost control of the vehicles.
"My car rolled several times before landing in a ditch by the road," Mbaka said.
"I was in the car with my younger brother and his son," he said, "When I regained consciousness, I found out that my vehicle had overturned,"
Mbaka said they were pulled out of the wreckage by well-wishers before police arrived at the scene and towed the two vehicles to Ogembo police station.
"We visited Kisii level 5 hospital where several check-ups were done. We were discharged later," he said.
He said: "God is faithful. We are thankful that despite all, we managed to smile and celebrate his goodness,"
Mbaka's colleagues and friends, in their best wishes messages after the accident, encouraged him to soldier on.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.