Gospel sensation Juliani has released a new hit song â Machozi ya Jana. The emotionally stirring song seeks to create awareness about social injustices, extra judicial killings and an end of police abuse of power in the country.
The song specifically advocates for justice for the a slain trio that were abducted , tortured and murdered mid last year â Willie Kimani, Josephat Mwenda and Joseph Muriuri.
The musician who has been out of the music industry for almost two years now, returns with a bold call for police accountability and protection for the vulnerable and weak in our society.
âIn Kenya, it has been easy for a corrupt and incompetent police officers to frame and detain an innocent person who must then wait in jail, for long, for a chance to prove his innocence. This has led to a culture of impunity among the police service that has seen increasing cases of brutality and killings. This song says enough is enough. We want accountability for such actions from the highest levels of authority," said Juliani.
He will be releasing the official video in the coming weeks.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.