A man found guilty of defiling an 11-year-old girl was on Thursday sentenced to life imprisonment by a Kilgoris court.
Micah Langat was brought before Kilgoris senior resident magistrate Amos Mokoross. He was acused of committing the offence on February 27, 2011 at Murkan Junction village in Trans Mara East subcounty, Narok.
The girl visited her aunt and was asleep with her cousins when Langat entered the room.
The girl said, â When he knocked on our door without identifying himself I screamed. He said he would kill me, after which I slipped out of the house. He chased and caught me then defiled me.â The girl managed to escape and ran into the forest, where her aunt later found her. Langat said he was arrested while going about his business and was unaware of the offence. He said he was notified about it at the police station and said he was framed. Mokoross said the evidence demonstrated that indeed the accused person had committed the offence and had therefore decided to sentence him to life imprisonment.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.