Fire razed 12 kiosks in Kisii town on the Kisii-Kilgoris road on Monday night and the fire brigade was attacked by hooligans.
Plot owner Simon Abuki alleged the fire was started by someone contesting land ownership. âIt wasnâtcaused by an electric fault. I suspect an individual with ill motives torched the kiosks,â he said.
âI am really stressed because this is where I earn my daily bread.â Tenant Elizabeth Kwamboka said she lost Sh100, 000 merchandise âI donât know what to do, because I depended on the business,â she said Kwamboka said the county failed to respond to calls in time. But county official Julius Tinega said his team responded within minutes. âThose claiming the brigade took time to respond are lying,â he said.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.