Chinese smartphone manufacturer OPPO has started 2017 on a high note, bagging two prestigious awards at the recently concluded Consumer Electronics Show.
The award ceremony held at the Wynn Hotel Las Vegas, US, saw OPPO and a host of other brands traditional and emerging, feted for their innovation and user experience ratings.
OPPO emerged as one of the top 20 smartphone brands of 2016-2017 winning the award given by the International Data Group (IDG). The brand was also named as one of the top 15 smart connected devices of 2016-2017.
The fete is especially remarkable for OPPO, considering the decline in consumer demand for mobile devices which came down to a single digit in 2016 owing to market saturation.
âOPPO is extremely proud to be recognized by IDG for our commitment to bringing out innovative technologies designed to delight and inspire our users around the world,â Luma Lu, OPPOâs Technology Planning Directory said while accepting the honors.
Patrick Kenealy, Managing Director of IDG Ventures USA acknowledged the growing success and technological leadership of OPPO among a group of rising Smartphone brands, that made great strides in their global expansions during 2016.
"The year of 2017 will usher in the first decade of the development of smart connected devices and smart phones,â Kenealy said.
âWe can see that with the trend of intellectualisation, smart connected devices manufacturers headed by Chinese brands are constantly accelerating transformation and upgrading and striving for innovation,â he added.
OPPO has continued a gradual growth in the Kenyan market over the past two years with its latest exploits being the release of the OPPO F1s, which is part of the F1 series, in mid 2016.
The manufacturer has additionally expanded its presence with outlets in major cities and towns such as Kisumu, Nairobi, Mombasa as well as Nakuru, Nyeri, and Eldoret.
Dubbed the âSelfie Expertâ the OPPO F1s has a 16MP selfie camera and 13MP rear camera that take clear HD photos. It also features a 5.5-inch Corning Gorilla Glass 4 screen, with a pre-applied protective screen coating. This gives a premium look guaranteeing premium durability. Other features include a 3GB RAM and 32GB ROM expandable up to 128GB.
âIn 2017, weâll continue to commit ourselves to bringing out Smartphone that meet usersâ real needs and that embody our pursuit of perfection in every detail,â Lu concluded at the gala.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.