Mwingi Central MP Joe Mutambu has urged Wiper party leader Kalonzo Musyoka to set the Kamba people free so they can make independent choices at next year’s election.
He accused Kalonzo of being a lone ranger and told him to pack and go home because “he has become unpopular”.
Mutambo said he will campaign for President Uhuru Kenyatta tirelessly.
“I will contest on the Jubilee ticket and ensure Uhuru secures Ukambani votes. Kalonzo will get nothing. The time has come for us to be free. If he thinks he is next to God when it comes to Kambaland, he should forget it,” he said.
Mutambu told Kalonzo to stop intimidating voters and elected leaders, as he had “his 30 years to serve but failed terribly”. He said MPs clinging to Wiper are just moles.
“Kalonzo has nothing to brag about because his house is empty. What he did during the Mashujaa Day celebrations was unwise. The way he addressed the President was uncouth if at all he dreams of becoming President one day,” Mutambo said.
“He was not supposed to bring up political party issues. He should have celebrated and honoured our heroes.”
He spoke to the press at his office after issuing title deeds to Waita residents. Mutambo told Kalonzo to step aside and allow elected leaders from Ukambani to mend his broken party.
“If he cannot unite the three Kamba governors, how will he unite the nation?” he asked.
Meanwhile, Kalonzo heads to Nyamira county this Sunday for a series of political events. He will be in the county for a day to meet grassroots leaders and address rallies in Kebiringo and Keroka markets.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.