District Governor Lion Jiza Munir Chaudhri was honoured with a banquet at the Lions Service Centre, Loresho, on Sunday.
Jiza, who has served the Lions Club in various capacities since she joined in 1988, was feted for her instrumental role in initiating many charitable projects touching on the welfare of orphans, education, widows and enterprise.
Over the years, Lion Jiza has been bestowed with many distinguished awards and recognitions at club, district and international levels. She is a recipient of various key awards for her contribution to membership growth, nine international presidentâs certificate and three international presidentâs medals.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.