Aqeel Consulting Limited played host at an Iftar dinner for Islamic finance industry players at the Intercontinental Hotel over the weekend.
The dinner unveiled a team to deliberate on the modalities of forming an Association for Islamic Finance in Kenya has been unveiled.
Kenya is the first country in East Africa to introduce Islamic Finance, with two full-fledged Islamic banks in First Community and Gulf Africa. Four conventional banks are now offering Sharia compliant and services and products through Islamic windows.
The country also boast of one stand alone Sharia-compliant insurance company, Takaful.
Among those in attendance were Takaful Insurance of Africa Group CEO Hassan Bashir, Aqeel director Abdullatif Essajee, CBK board chairman Mohammed Nyaoga and KCB's head of Islamic Banking Jaafar Abdulkadir.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.