Eight school prefects at Ingotse Boys’ high school in Kakamega county are facing charges of assaulting a student whom they accused of been "homosexual and a member of Illuminati".
The students appeared before Kakamega Senior Principal Magistrate Samuel Wahome on Friday accused of attacking a form two student (name withheld) within the institution on March 28, 2016.
They were first charged on April 10 and pleaded not guilty to the charges.
The court directed that the matter be settled administratively and given the April 26 date for a mention.
The eight through their lawyer Michael Kiveu on Friday sought an extension of the out of court settlement period.
“The time-frame given was not enough given that the complainant was in hospital nursing injuries. He has just been discharged and we feel it’s time we talk to him and his parents,” Kiveu told the court.
The court gave a further mention date of May16 when the hearing commences.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.