You can tell a lot about a person by the watch they’re wearing- having one at all already says something about them.
The Motor Skull collection of timepieces by Romain Vollet expresses quiet elegance and power with just the right amount of edginess. Genuine leather straps, stainless steel bezels and a cleverly fit design of a skull on the faces of each watch, define the range.
The Motor Skull 451 Blackout is just one of the pieces whose intricacies in the design, speaks volumes about the level of expertise that went into this new entrant into the league of high end timepieces.
It has black matte genuine calf leather and nickel hands.
The design goes beyond aesthetics, incorporating features such as a 21’600 alt/h frequency, a power reserve of +36 hours and 21 jewel movement.
The brains, heart and soul of the brand, Vollet was born in Geneva in 1979.
Judging by his academic history, art and design has always been a passion for him.
He studied Applied Art in Paris, France, then Industrial Art in England then in Italy, and after that settled in Paris.
He collaborated with well-known brands for many years before moving back to Geneva in 2015 to launch his own line of watches.
The Swiss are perhaps the most skilled in the art of watchmaking and, looking at his first collection, Vollet is no exception.
His first collection shows his personal style and vision for his brand.
His is a contemporary style that combines the rigor of the watch classism and the alternative energy of an independent culture.
The elegance of the Motor Skull collection is revealed through a refined and sharp design, a robust mechanism and noble material, which give the individual pieces character and quality.
Available online http://www.romainvollet.com/
Price: Sh 275,865 (2650 Swiss Francs)
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.