Police in Kiambu are holding a 30-year-grandson of the late cabinet Minister Njenga Karume over the death of his fiancÃ©e.
Kennedy Waithigu Karume, a trained pilot, was arrested by police on Thursday night after his fiancÃ©e was reported dead after falling from the fourth floor of their house in Kiambu town.
Mumbi Kulungia was confirmed dead moments after falling from the balcony of their house found withing Gracia apartments owned by the former minister.
Karume is the first born son of the late Joe Karume –a first born son of the late Kiambu tycoon.
Kiambu deputy police boss Johson Lyabila confirmed Karume’s arrest but declined to comment further.
Police sources told the Star that the two had arrived home after a night out.
The sources said police were investigating two theories into the death of Mumbi.
Karume told the police that Mumbi died after jumping from the balcony of their house after a disagreement.
However neighbors reported hearing commotion from the couple’s house before Mumbi’s lifeless body was found on the ground floor in a pool of blood.
Police are also investigating possibilities that Mumbi could have been pushed to her death following the disagreement with Karume.
The couple is reported to have been planning a visit to the girls home over the weekend.
- Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya website. You are welcome to comment and debate issues, however take note that:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in the Star’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- Comments that contain unwarranted personal abuse will be deleted.
- Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
- Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
- Failure to adhere to this policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.